TCCA is officially a member of the
"FBA" Florida Bicycle Association
Bike Florida and Florida Bicycle Association share a common cause in bicycle education for residents and visitors to the Sunshine State.
FBA is offering a 4 hour class to become a RLRM.
What is an RLRM????????
Glad you asked and happy to answer.
"RLRM" stands for Ride Leader / Ride Marshal, the title and target audience for our new bicycling education certification program.
For the bicycle club member, this means group riding education needed to ensure confidence and leadership.
For those participating in organized bicycle tours or events, this means certification of completing a course designed to address the safe practices of group riding comprised of all skill levels.
Our first open Ride Leader / Ride Marshal training will be
Saturday, June 23, 12PM - 4PM
Lake Myrtle Sports Complex
2701 Lake Myrtle Park Rd, Auburndale, FL 33823.
$15.00 FOR ALL FBA MEMBERS
$30.00 FOR ALL NON-FBA MEMBERS
Registration in advance is required. Please use our online form.
THE 4-HOUR CERTIFICATION INCLUDES:
- Bike safety and Florida Bicycle and Pedestrian laws and cyclist rights on the road.
- Preparation from bodies to bikes, helmet fitting, and nutritionall participants bring their personal bike helmets to the workshop.
- Communication from hand signals to how to give great pre-ride tutorials, on the ride coaching and how to brand your club or organization through cycling professionalism.
- Advanced cycling skills for 17 mph group rides like paceline etiquette and how to control skill with speed.
- Accident and rider down tips and preparation.
- Community and family ride leader skills (if applicable).
- Completion and passing of written test required for certification.
Please contact Program Manager Mary Beth Garcia for more information, Marybeth@floridabicycle.org
Remember, registration in advance is required. Please use our online form.
Thank you for your support of Florida Bicycle Association.
Education is our mission - Ride Smart / Be Safe - teach by example and share the road.
Florida Bicycle AssociationFlorida Bicycle Association, Inc.
Copyright © 2018
PO Box 2452
Oldsmar, FL 34677
Visit FBA! Share the Road license plate proceeds benefit Bike Florida and Florida Bicycle Association to further these bicycle educational efforts. What's on your motor vehicle? Get the Share the Road license plate!
Do you have a bicycle story to tell? Photos to share? Be our guest and be our next guest blogger! Send your story and photos to Becky@floridabicycle.org. Speaking of stories, our quarterly Messenger newsletter is available online for your internet reading pleasure. Visit the FBA website Home page or click here.
The Florida Bicycle Association, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. All proceeds benefit FBA programs.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION (CH9008) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE
1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. http://www.floridaconsumerhelp.com/
Anyone from our club interested in attending this worthwhile 4-hour certification class contact Ron Gabriel (561) 254-2051