Presidents MessageTreasure Coast Cycling Association COVID-19 Protocol - Phase 2 I hope that you are all healthy and safe as we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 Virus and attempt to establish a new normal. With Florida having moved into Phase 2 of the Re-opening plan, we have been monitoring other clubs, as well as observing what is happening on the roads in our area. The Treasure Coast Cycling Association (TCCA) board met this week and we reviewed/discussed the available guidance from the state, the CDC and the USA Cycling Association. We have decided to begin re-posting our group rides with a set of restrictions/expectations for those that wish to participate. Obviously, participation by any individual is based on their own risk/tolerance comfort level. It is expected that each rider read, understand and follow these expectations, or we will request that they not participate in the group ride. We will still have group rides available to those wishing to participate at the standard start time and locations. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public setting and group gathering or activity where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, those persons 65 and older and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. The TCCA has taken enhanced measures to reduce exposure by limiting the number of group riders. By engaging in TCCA group riding activities, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Group Rides
- When multiple level rides start at the same location- form up into separate ride level groupings (while maintaining social distancing within each group).
- 10 riders max per group, including the ride leader.
- If there are more than 10 riders for any given ride level we subdivide into smaller groups.
- Each sub-group will designate a ride leader.
- The subgroup will be according to the speed and distance riders want to ride.
- There will be at least a 2-minute separation start time for each group/subgroup.
- While riding, if riders attempt to join the ride, the max number in the subgroup shall not exceed 10. If at capacity, we will politely explain and ask the rider that joined to drop off the group.
- Differing ride levels should congregate in different areas of the start location. We expect this will evolve as we progress.
- Please park next to the level you intend to ride, leaving a space in between cars, if possible. Please keep your social distance (> 6 ft separation) while waiting in the parking lot for the ride to start
- Practice and maintain social distancing at any stops. This is especially important if multiple sub-groups are at a particular stop at the same time.
- masks are optional. It is the individual decision of each rider.
- If you are sick or have a fever, regardless of whether it is allergies or a simple cold, please refrain from joining the group until you are cleared medically.
- you have traveled by air or bus in the past 2 weeks, or have come in close contact with someone that might have contracted the virus, please follow the recommendations made by the CDC (i.e. self-quarantine for 2 weeks).
- Absolutely no spitting or nostril clearing (snot rockets) in the pace line, or within 30 feet of any stopped riders. If you need to drop out of the pace line and once clear of the end of the pace line take care of your business and re-join the group.
"We have some of the most amazing people in our club! Whether we are local or travel to events, they are all extremely supportive and awesome mentors! Our ladies events are a blast as well! Thank you TCCA for the fun and support on the road and off."
"Instantly welcomed! Amazing athletes who looked out for me on the first few rides. Safety first, giving tips. Class act."
"Great group, stable and safe. Just about always a bit of socializing after a ride."
"Great group of cyclists, very warm and friendly and helpful."
"Wonderful group of amazing people who inspire you and coach you to be your best!"